Business is Blooming
Business is Blooming is designed to encourage those who own/operate a business or organization to think about beautification and the opportunities they have to welcome guests and influence the values of Forest City Beautiful in our community.
Business is Blooming, a program of the Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau/Forest City Beautiful, exists to build a culture of community involvement and visually appealing environments for our city. The program supports and acknowledges the positive values and efforts displayed by our business owners/operators to make Rockford a beautiful and enjoyable place to live, work and play. Rewarding activity that strengthens civic pride is one of the vital links to long-term success in the Rockford region.
Click here to download the 2018 Business is Blooming program application!
Registration is required to be entered in the contest, and registration is free. All businesses/organizations that register will be allowed to participate. Businesses or organizations can also be nominated.
2018 Geographic Area
Businesses and organizations in the following areas are invited to enter the Business is Blooming contest.
- River District Association
- Midtown District
- Coronado Haskell Neighborhood
There are 5 categories, defined by the number of employees, and there is one winner per category.
- Small Business (1-10 employees)
- Medium Business (11-25 employees)
- Large Business (26+ employees)
- Restaurant Outdoor Dining Area
- Community Attraction (e.g. museum, entertainment site)
- Well maintained landscaping - trimmed and weed-free
- No litter around entire perimeter (fence line, tree line, sidewalk, parking lot)
- Well-maintained facade, and graffiti-free exteriors
- Well-maintained hardscape - lighting, benches, walkways, signage, fences, etc.
- WOW factor - impressive overall first impression or impact:
- Neat, tidy walkways and parking lot
- Clean windows
- Overall cleanliness
- Attractiveness, e.g. flowers/plants, fresh paint, etc.
- Inviting signage
- Creative exterior, e.g. colors, design, signage
- Exterior music
There is one winner per category. Qualifying participants will receive a Business is Blooming window cling. Winners will receive a trophy, a Business is Blooming Business of Distinction window cling, and a business promo prize package from the RACVB. The promo prize package includes:
- Inclusion in RACVB's advertorial in The Rock River Times
- Inclusion in a customized eblast to RACVB stakeholders list
- Inclusion in a boosted Facebook post by Go Rockford
- Individual business video featurette
For more information about the Business is Blooming program, contact Jenny Caiozzo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815.489.1672.
Find out more about Forest City Beautiful here.
2017 Business is Blooming Winners
Organization / Retail / Small Business
- The Loc Shop
- Community Foundation of Northern Illinois
Large Business / Organization / Retail
- Prairie Street Brewing Co.
- Woodfire Brick Oven Pizza
The Loc Shop
Community Foundation of Northern Illinois
Prairie Street Brewing Company
Woodfire Brick Oven Pizza