Bring Your Game to the 2018 FVV Fan Fest, 2018 FVV Summer Camp featuring Fred VanVleet! - RACVB teams up with NBA star to give back to the community
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JUNE 7, 2018
ROCKFORD, IL – Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) is excited to partner with sports tourism brand ambassador and NBA star point guard Fred VanVleet to produce the 2018 FVV Fan Fest on Friday, June 22, in downtown Rockford at the UW Health Sports Factory (UWHSF). The FVV Fan Fest is the official opening community celebration for the 2018 FVV Summer Camp, which will be led by Fred VanVleet on June 23-24 at UWHSF.
The FVV Fan Fest, presented by Anderson Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, kicks off the weekend from 5-9 p.m. Friday, June 22. All ages are welcome and encouraged to take part in an interactive community experience. The evening’s festivities will include shooting stations, three point and dunk contests, bouncy houses, live T-shirt screenings, and more—all to celebrate VanVleet’s success on and off the court and the positive impact of RACVB’s sports tourism efforts!
“Fred's story resonates not only with the Rockford community but also with our organization, our customers, and the products we sell—some of it built by hard-working individuals at the Belvidere Assembly Plant,” said Chad Anderson, general manager of Anderson Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram. “Our dealership's 'Hometown-Homegrown' slogan pairs well with the idea that homegrown products and hard work can transform dreams into reality—whether than means reaching the NBA, rebuilding our city, or building and selling quality products that provide jobs for so many in our community. And as Fred gives his time to give back to Rockford, Anderson Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram is proud to give back, too!"
Admission to the FVV Fan Fest is $5 and tickets can be purchased at the door or at https://www.gorockford.com/fvv. All net proceeds from the 2018 FVV Fan Fest benefit the RACVB Charitable Foundation (501(c)(3)) and will be redirected to Rockford Park District sports programs and/or projects in need.
“We’re excited and honored to work alongside Fred for the 2018 FVV Fan Fest. This weekend celebration is for the community and a reflection of the positive impact of sports, which has become the core of Fred being our sports tourism ambassador,” said Nick Povalitis, RACVB director of sports development. “His success on and off the court is an inspiration for us all, and that’ll again be on display June 22!”
The 2018 FVV Summer Camp, produced by VanVleet, is set for Saturday-Sunday, June 23-24, and is designed for boys and girls ages K-12. The FVV Summer Camp will run from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturday, and 8 a.m.-12 p.m. on Sunday. Attendees will learn skills and compete in contests under the professional direction of Rockford native VanVleet.
Registration to the 2018 FVV Summer Camp is $90 and includes both days. All registered camp attendees will receive free admission to FVV Fan Fest, lunch and a Camp T-shirt. To register online for the FVV Summer Camp OR to participate in the Sponsor a Camper program, visit https://fvv23.com/ or http://www.FredVanVleetBasketballCamps.com. There will also be the opportunity to register in person for the Camp at the June 22 FVV Fan Fest, or checks for Camp registration made payable to Fred VanVleet can be dropped off at the RACVB Office, 102 North Main Street, Rockford, IL 61101.
“Giving back to the community continues to be really important to me, and the opportunity to come home to Rockford for my Camp is a big part of that,” said VanVleet. “We’re going to challenge the kids and have a lot of fun during the Camp. And before then, we’re going to celebrate sports in our community at the Fan Fest. It’ll be another exciting weekend for downtown Rockford.”
2018 FVV Fan Fest
- When: Friday, June 22
- Time: 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: UW Health Sports Factory
- Who: Open to the public – All ages event (Children 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult)
- Presenting Sponsor: Anderson Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
- 3-Point/Dunk Contest Sponsor: Midland States Bank/Alpine Bank
- Half-Court Sponsors: Rockford IceHogs Charitable Foundation, Rock Valley College
- Courtside Sponsors: Gorman & Company, Project First Rate, Swedish American – A Division of UW Health
- In-Kind: Rockford Park District, YMCA of Rock River Valley, Rockford Art Deli, RPS 205/Auburn Knights, Luxe Productions, WREX-TV, FlyGuy Films, 15th & Chris, Recognition Pros, Inc.
- Admission: $5 per person. (FVV Summer Camp attendees receive free admission.) Purchase tickets at the door or in advance online at https://www.gorockford.com/FVV.
2018 FVV Summer Camp
- When: Saturday-Sunday, June 23-24
- Time: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturday; 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. Sunday
- Where: UW Health Sports Factory
- Who: Boys and Girls, Grades K-12
- Camp Registration Fee: $90 which includes both days
- Register for the Camp online at http://www.FVV23.com OR http://www.fredvanvleetbasketballcamps.com/.
- Register for the Camp in person at the FVV Fan Fest (June 22), OR checks made payable to Fred VanVleet can be dropped off at the RACVB Office, 102 North Main Street, Rockford, IL, 61101.
The mission of the RACVB is to drive quality of life and economic growth for our citizens through tourism marketing and destination development. www.gorockford.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Nick Povalitis, Director of Sports Development, RACVB, 815.489.1652, email@example.com