It’s Easy to Fall into Fun in the Rockford Region
The fall season brings sweet treats, adventures at orchards and exciting events!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 25, 2019
Rockford, IL – Fall is officially here and the Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) is looking forward to all the new season has to offer, including sweet treats from local bakeries and coffee shops, apple picking at area orchards and exciting family-friendly seasonal events throughout the Rockford region.
“Rockford has so much to offer during the fall season,” said Andrea Cook, RACVB associate director of marketing and communications. “My favorite part of fall in Rockford and Winnebago County is sharing memories with family and friends at one-of-a-kind orchards, restaurants and events in our area! Our city truly makes each season one to remember.”
Fall is the perfect season to begin indulging in sweet treats, and the city of Rockford is no stranger to pumpkin spice and everything nice! To get your pumpkin fix, visit Mary’s Market for pumpkin pie squares, pumpkin cake bars and the coveted fall favorite, pumpkin spice latte. If you’re looking for a savory fall favorite, Crust & Crumbles, located in the new Indoor City Market, offers a wide variety of pastries and fresh loaves of bread, including Oktoberfest favorite Laugenbrots. Rockford Roasting Company is prepared to welcome fall with their new seasonal menu.
As soon as the air turns crisp, Rockford families flock to nearby orchards for fresh apples, donuts and cider! Luckily, each orchard in the Rockford region offers something fun and unique at each location. Visit Curran’s Orchard for warm apple donuts, award-winning cider and gluten-free treats, along with hay wagon rides and a straw bale mini-maze. When you’re ready for fall, but can’t quite let go of summer, Edward’s Apple Orchard can ease you into the season with apple cider slushees! When you’re ready to succumb to the new season, Edward’s offers pick-your-own pumpkins and weekend tractor rides as well. If you’re looking for a fall treat one-stop-shop, Valley Orchard offers apple pie, fresh bread, sugared and glazed apple cider donuts, fudge and more, along with their pick-your-own apples and fall raspberries.
Fun Fall Events
The month of October is jam packed with family-friendly fall events! Each event has something unique to offer, including wiener dog races at the 55th Annual Oktoberfest, arts and crafts at Fall ArtScene and Great Pumpkin Market Pop-Up, and Halloween-holiday favorites like All Hallows Eve! Start scheduling a fun-packed fall with the events listed below.
- Heritage Harvest Festival (Oct. 5) at Midway Village Museum - Activities include scarecrow making, pumpkin painting, games and crafts, antique farm equipment demonstrations and more!
- 55th Annual Oktoberfest (Oct. 4-5) at Loves Park City Hall – This annual event features live music, German food and beer, wiener dog races and the “Bier Barrel race.”
- Fall ArtScene (Oct. 4-5) at various locations – Original works of art are showcased at various locations across the Rockford region. It’s a great opportunity to purchase artwork!
- Rally RKFD (Oct. 5) at BMO Harris Bank Center - The family-friendly festival will include food and beverages, music, table tennis, bounce houses and a ceremonial ping pong ball drop at the intersection of State and Main.
- Cider n’ Cinnamon Arts & Crafts Fair (Oct. 5-6) at Edgebrook - More than 70 vendors will be displaying a variety of art, jewelry, crafts, clothing, vintage décor, and so much more.
- Lockwood’s Pumpkin Fest (Oct. 12-14) at Lockwood Park Trailside Equestrian Centre and Children’s Farm – Activities include picking pumpkins, horseback riding, a corn maze and an “on-the-farm” market featuring vendors and food trucks.
- Rockford IceHogs Opening Night (Oct. 12) at the BMO Harris Bank Center - Celebrate Opening Night with the Rockford IceHogs vs. Grand Rapids. The first 4,000 fans in attendance receive a free 2019-20 IceHogs schedule calendar, courtesy of Impact Networking. The calendar will hold the complete IceHogs schedule and be available as fans arrive to BMO Harris Bank Center.
- Autumn at the Arboretum (Oct. 13) at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden – Activities include scarecrow building, pumpkin decorating, face painting, horse-drawn wagon rides and even a hay bale maze.
- Head of the Rock Regatta (Oct. 13) along the Rock River – This 5,000 meter rowing race features more than 2,000 rowers on the Rock River from Martin Park to the YMCA.
- Spook the Dells (Oct. 19) at Severson Dells Nature Center – Follow a paved path for a guided, interactive theater experience that highlights nocturnal animals that call the Severson Dells their home.
- All Hallows Eve (Oct. 19) at Midway Village Museum – Bring your family to trick or treat in the safety of the charming Victorian Village! More than 20 buildings will be decorated for Halloween.
- Spook-Tacular Haunts (Oct. 26) at Anderson Japanese Gardens – Children are invited to come dressed in costume and explore the garden in a new and spooky way! There will be trick or treating and birds in the garden from Hoo Haven.
- Great Pumpkin Market Pop-Up (Oct. 26) at Indoor Rockford City Market – Fall themed pop-up featuring story time and crafts for kids, vendors and specialty fall food and drinks.
For more information to help you “Fall into Fun” go online to www.gorockford.com/fall/.
About RACVB: RACVB is responsible for promoting the Rockford region as an attractive travel destination and enhancing its public image as a dynamic place to live and work. Through the impact of travel, RACVB strengthens the economic position of the region and provides opportunities for people in our communities. www.gorockford.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Andrea Cook, RACVB Associate Director of Marketing & Communications: 815.489.1664 or email@example.com