RACVB Announces New Board Officers and Members - David Anderson Elected As Board Chair
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 5, 2017
Rockford, IL – The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Board of Directors and RACVB Charitable Foundation Board of Directors announces the recent election of new officers and board members, and the re-election of continuing board members.
The RACVB board elected the following individuals to serve one-year terms as officers of the board:
- David Anderson, chairman
- Bill LaFever, vice chairman
- Tim Myers, treasurer/secretary
David Anderson is a member of the founding family of Anderson Japanese Gardens, Bill LaFever is the president of Bill Doran & Co. and Tim Myers is vice president/general manager of WIFR-TV
“The RACVB works closely with the private sector, multiple public agencies and hundreds of volunteers to position the Rockford area as a premier youth sports and leisure travel destination. These efforts lead to a stronger community and that benefits residents and attract visitors. It’s incredibly rewarding to be a part of an organization that makes such a positive impact on our region,” said Anderson.
Outgoing board chair, Roberta Holzwarth, partner, and attorney with HolmstromKennedy PC, will remain on the board as immediate past chair. Todd Cagnoni, city administrator of the City of Rockford, will also remain on the board after being re-elected for a second term.
Five individuals have recently joined the RACVB board for a three-year term.
- Chad Anderson, general manager at Anderson, Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
- Patricia Diduch, planning and economic development administrator, Village of Rockton
- Jennifer Furst, president, FurstStaffing
- Amanda Hamaker, county administrator, Winnebago County
- Jay Sandine, executive director, Rockford Park District
The Foundation Board also re-elected one member and elected two new members to serve two-year terms.
- Al Castrogiovani, co-owner, Giovanni’s Restaurant
- Pat Tulley, vice president & general manager, Liebovich
- Darrell Snorek, vice president, LaMonica Beverages (re-elected)
A complete list of the RACVB Board of Directors can be found on the GoRockford.com website at https://www.gorockford.com/about-us/board-of-directors/. The RACVB Board of Directors meets on the fourth Wednesday of most months at the RACVB offices located at 102 North Main Street.
The mission of the RACVB is to drive quality of life and economic growth for our citizens through tourism marketing and destination development. www.gorockford.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Andrea Mandala, Marketing & Communications Manager: 815.489.1664 or firstname.lastname@example.org