RACVB Releases New Go Guide for Visitors, Residents - New guidebook highlights local attractions and experiences
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 4, 2018
Rockford, IL – The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) is pleased to announce the release of its new Go Guide for the Rockford region. The guide utilizes an editorial-style layout including vivid imagery and stylized pages to help inspire the reader. The emphasis on a more visual interpretation of the region showcases the community as a destination filled with great people and fun things to do.
“This newly redesigned visitors guide is a great tool for both residents and visitors to use when finding out what there is to do in the area. It’s also an enjoyable way to discover expert advice, recommendations and history about the local places and people who make our region unique,” said Andrea Cook, RACVB marketing & communications manager. “We think readers will truly get a sense of how special the Rockford region is by flipping through the pages. Our hope is that it encourages residents to explore their hometown and for visitors to stay a bit longer once they get here.”
The guide is divided into sections highlighting “Where to …”
- Where to Dine gives plenty of options where people can find delicious handmade foods and freshly brewed beverages at local establishments around town.
- Where to Adventure focuses on things to do at various outdoor recreational parks, preserves and activities including wakeboarding, ziplining and snowboarding.
- Where to Shop is a helpful section highlighting downtown shopping, dining, antiquing and local shops throughout the region.
- Where to Entertain offers suggestions for great theatres to visit, where to find great art, architecture and live music. It also details out the story behind Rockford’s officially/unofficial nickname, “Trickford” honoring hometown band Cheap Trick’s induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
- Where to Bring Your Game showcases the area sports facilities, fields and venues where athletes go to play the sports they love and spectators go to cheer them on.
- Where to Play & Learn is an adventure through educational and interactive places where families can spend hours having fun together.
- Where to Festival lists the various annual events, festivals and fairs that take place all year-round throughout the area.
- Where to Stay informs visitors of recommended places to stay while spending time in the Rockford region.
Also included in the book are quick reference pages about the landmarks, foods and novelties that are original to the region, along with a map highlighting popular attractions and places to visit.
Guides are available at the RACVB office located at 102 N. Main Street, Rockford; at area sites, hotels, attractions and government offices throughout Winnebago County; and in response to visitor inquiries. The guides are also distributed at seven Tourist Information Centers throughout Illinois.
RACVB staff also take the guides throughout the country to trade shows, conventions and sales missions, along with providing copies to the visitors who come to the region as part of sports tournaments, familiarization tours, conventions and events.
In addition to the printed guides there is also an online listings guide of all local sites and attractions, making this an effective tool for travelers new to the region and residents looking for easily accessible contact information. This can be viewed at www.gorockford.com/plan-your-trip/request-visitors-guide/. This link can also be used to request a new guide, download a pdf or contact a member of the RACVB staff for further assistance about the region.
The mission of the RACVB is to drive quality of life and economic growth for our citizens through tourism marketing and destination development. www.gorockford.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Andrea Cook, RACVB Marketing & Communications Manager: 815.489.1664 or email@example.com