Rockford Day Celebration Lineup Announced - Events, discounts and promotions to occur throughout the region, instilling community pride
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 1, 2018
ROCKFORD, IL — The city of Rockford will come together Wednesday, August 15 to celebrate Rockford Day. Events throughout the city will take place while businesses offer special discounts in an 815 themed way.
- Mayor’s opening proclamation – at Mary’s Market (4431 E. State St.) in the Miracle Mile at 8:15 a.m.
- Rockford Art Guild (713 E. State St.) exhibit of Rockford inspired work – opening at 8:15 a.m. and continuing throughout the day.
- Thinker Ventures (317 W. Jefferson St.) 1 Million Cups – 8:15 a.m.
- Rockford Flag committee announcement – at 10:00 a.m. at City Hall (425 E. State St.)
- Patio Party at the RACVB (102 N. Main St.) – from 11:00 a.m. through 1:00 p.m. outside the RACVB’s office. Stop by on your lunch hour and hang out and enjoy live music and games.
- State Street Bridge events, which include chalk drawing, dance performances, and artwork creations beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- Rockford Art Deli (402 E. State St.) – Live Print Day beginning at 12:00 pm.
- Winnebago County Fair (500 W 1st St.) begins on Rockford Day Wednesday, August 15 and takes place until Sunday, August 19.
- 815 Rock and Run (1653 N Alpine Rd.) – beginning at 5:30, Fleet Feet will be hosting a free 3-mile fun run from their store in the Edgebrook Shops. Enjoy live music, food and beverages.
- Rockford Roots (411 Kent St.) an event put on by SWIFTT, featuring free museum tours and coupons at eateries.
- Rockford Day Ride put on by I Bike Rockford beginning at 6:00 p.m. on the corner of Madison and Prairie streets followed by Rockford Day on the Dock.
Along with local events, businesses and area attractions will offer special discounts during the day and evening. The Discovery Center Museum will offer half price admission if you mention Rockford Day and the entire family can enter the Rockford Art Museum for $5. The Rockford IceHogs will offer discounted ticket sales at $8.15 for opening weekend and Beefaroo will offer Beefaroo themed T-shirts and water bottles for $8.15. For a complete list of specials and events go to https://www.gorockford.com/rockford-day/ and visit the Rockford Day Facebook page for updates and more information.
“We’re excited for this community-wide event to celebrate pride in our community,” said Andrea Cook, RACVB’s associate director of marketing. “It’s neat when so many different organizations and groups can collaborate to bring unique experiences to people throughout the region.”
Residents are encouraged to show their support for the Rockford region by wearing Rockford themed tees and posting to social media using the hashtag #RockfordDay.
The RACVB has partnered with Rockford Art Deli to offer an official 2018 Rockford Day tee. The online preorder will run from August 1 – 7, and shirts can be picked up at Rockford Art Deli on August 14. The shirts will sell for $25 each with $5 from each shirt going back to Rockford Day. There is an option to have the preorder shirts shipped to you, but there is no guarantee that they will arrive before August 15. Those who would like the shirt but do not use the preorder will have the option to purchase the shirt at Rockford Art Deli on Rockford Day (while supplies last). Follow this link to order a shirt, https://rockfordartdeli.com/products/rockford-day-u
“Having grown up in Rockford, I have loved this city my entire life,” said Mayor Tom McNamara. “I believe that Rockford Day is a great day for people just like me to show their pride in this fantastic city. Whether you take advantage of a special at a local shop or wear 815 apparel, I hope all residents take a moment on August 15 to think about the things that make Rockford a special community.”
Follow the Rockford Day Facebook page, @RockfordDay to stay up to date on the latest information.
For more information on Rockford Day visit https://www.gorockford.com/rockford-day/
Rockford Day, also known as 815 Day, held on August 15 or 8.15, is a community celebration, brought to you by Rockford Community Partners, that highlights the many great places, activities and people throughout our city through fun and interactive experiences. Events take place throughout the day as well as specials at area businesses. Area and former residents are also encouraged to participate by wearing their best Rockford-themed tees and posting to social media.
The mission of the RACVB is to drive quality of life and economic growth for our citizens through tourism
marketing and destination development. www.gorockford.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Andrea Cook RACVB Associate Director of Marketing and Communication: 815.489.1664 or email@example.com