The Rockford region is a cradle of midwestern values, technological innovation and artistic creativity. Downtown Rockford and the main streets of Winnebago County’s other cities and villages are thriving. The four rivers that run through our communities remind us to honor and preserve our natural world. And preserve it we have. Housing costs are low compared to nearby cities. Plus, overall cost-of-living is 24.7% less than the U.S. national average. All that, and we’re close to major airports that can take us anywhere in the world.
The Rockford Region affords residents the opportunity to really live. To travel. To play sports. To make art. To tend gardens. To learn.
We are not without our challenges (just like so many other communities during these turbulent times), but we are addressing them with a high level of civic engagement. Many are eager to work together to find solutions, and we are inclined to roll up our sleeves and get to work. This determination, paired with a willingness to listen and learn, serves us well.
Hard work and working together are what binds us as a community. And it’s why those who want to make a difference are encouraged to invest in the growth and transformation of our region. Our advancements in the past few decades are admirable:
• The multifaceted, revival of downtown Rockford as a place to live, work and play
• Rockford Promise, providing free college tuition to RPS 205 students
• Rockford Casino – soon to be Hard Rock Casino Rockford
• Riverfront UW Heath Sports Factory
• Downtown Embassy Suites by Hilton and Conference Center
• Stroll On State annual holiday festival
• CRE8IV transformation art murals
• RFD Airport record-setting cargo growth
• Woodward’s expansive Loves Park campus
• Collins Aerospace’s electric aviation project, “The Grid”
• The Rockford Family Peace Center
• Achieving functional zero levels for veteran’s homelessness
• Chicago Blackhawk’s purchase Rockford IceHogs, investment in BMO Harris Bank Center
• Major investments at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford
• Mental Health co-responder program
This impressive list of accomplishments is by no means complete, but it serves as a testament to our region’s ability to create better communities. We citizens are hard-working, innovative and thoughtful. We’re looking for more folks like us! We’re looking for people who want to enjoy the rich life we have to offer in the Rock River.
Do you know someone who longs to be part of a dynamic, ever-evolving community where people of good heart can lean in, work hard, succeed and make a difference?
Do you have family members who could benefit from moving back to live a bigger life while spending less money? Do you have friends who are looking for room to grow and where their families can live their best lives? Do you know anyone would like to live in a place where careers and side hustles and dreams mingle in our unique culture and community?
Ask them to join us, because all people are welcome here and because they were Made for Rockford. Intrigued? Learn more at madeforrockford.com.