This special VALendar of things to do (with some of my personal suggestions included) will help you create an extra memorable Valentine’s Day this year. Each of our local shops and eateries have perfect gift ideas and date night experiences that will leave you wishing it was Valentine’s Day every day. Or Galentine’s Day, look it up because yes, that’s a thing too.
PUT A SMILE ON HIS OR HER OR YOUR FACE: Do you want to pamper that special someone in your life (or yourself)? Does your honey love to be surprised with freshly cut flowers? Maybe it’s a unique and original gift you want to give. Look no further because this is the top list of local spots in the Rockford region to put on your list of places to stop by today and tomorrow!
- The Parlour
- This one-of-a-kind barber experience gives the guy you love a traditional style haircut and their haberdashery includes everything from apparel to great hair products for men.
- Culture Shock
- What truly says 'love' more than giving that special someone bicycle gear? ...and with the weather lately, you'll be getting outside to enjoy that ride before you know it!
- Rockford Art Deli
- For Valentine's Day only, the very nice people at RAD are offering a $5 off coupon to use in-store!
- Roxy Carmichael
- Salvaged by Sonya
- Arch Apothecary + London Avenue Designs
- Broadway Florist
- 510 Threads
TABLE FOR 2: Unwind and enjoy a dining experience like no other at one of our fine dining or casual local spots. Each of these spots will offer up special deals and meals. Keep in mind, reservations will fill up very quickly so stop what you're doing and book one now.
- Franchesco’s Valentine's Day Offer
- Lino’s Valentine's Day Offer
- Prairie Street Brewing Co.'s Valentine's Day Offer
- GreenFire Restaurant, Bar & Bakery's Valentine's Day Offer
- Woodfire Brick Oven Pizza's Valentine's Day Offer
- OlympicTavern's Valentine's Day Offer
- Alchemy's Valentine's Day Offer
- Stone Eagle Tavern's Valentine's Day Offer
TREAT YOURSELF: If there’s ever a day to indulge and splurge on the most delicious treats, this would be the one! The Rockford region has several bakeries and confectionaries ready to serve up cupcakes, cookies, cakes, chocolates, pies and more…that you will absolutely fall in LOVE with! Here are 5 suggested local spots to check out before tomorrow with my favorite thing to eat at each place! (I'm an expert in this department, btw.)
- Yolo's Sweets
- Chocolate covered strawberries and of course their cupcakes. I love the cookie dough or vanilla bean flavors!
- Bella Luna Bakery
- Try out the cannolis and chocolate cake
- Mary’s Market
- Frosted sugar cookies or a strawberry torte specialty cake
- Kate’s Pie Shop and Record Store
- Red velvet pie. Oh yum.
The fun doesn't end tomorrow because there's always something exciting to do in the Rockford region. Check out our list of fun things happening from now until the end of May at www.gorockford.com/lovely. You can also print off Real. Original. valentines to give away! #GoRockford #RockfordLove
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
(photos provided by our local partners' Facebook pages)