In partnership with Rockford Art Deli’s Here For Good campaign, the Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau and Rockford Area Arts Council continue to part for the Our Journey Micro-Grant Program to support the local arts! Proceeds from each Rockford-themed mask sale seed the Our Journey Micro-Grant program, which benefits local artists and arts organizations to drive excellent project work in Winnebago County.
For every $30 purchase of a three-pack of customized Rockford-themed face masks, $15 will be allocated to the grant fund or an individual mask for $11 will generate $5 for charity. To purchase a mask, CLICK HERE!
The Our Journey Micro-Grant Program is designed to benefit artists and art organizations by awarding funding allocations of up to $500 for creative endeavors throughout the Rockford region. To date, Micro-Grant awardees include:
March 2021 Recipients
- Rockford Symphony Orchestra for a virtual musical program
- 317 Art Collective for "The Happening" community event
- Rock House Kids for Youth Dance Team costumes
- 815Alive for youth designing products
- Rockford Public Library for a mural: "Readying Colors Your World"
November 2020 Recipients
- Artists' Ensemble Theater for “Our Mysterious Journey” podcast series
- Boys and Girls Club of Rockford for creating an uplifting and inspiring art space
- Jennifer Roser for the Festival of Frights at Sinnissippi Park
- Rockford Regional Percussion for recording an original recital
September 2020 Recipients
- Sounds of Good News (SOGN) Productions for the “YES” Club “Healing America” projects, a movement for improvement to bring inspiration and information to children and families in the Greater Rockford region communities and beyond
- Now What Pop-Ups for artistic and literary pop-ups that are a peaceful reflection of a contemplative within the Rockford region
- The Arc of Winnebago, Boone and Ogle Counties for the Community through Color program that provides quality virtual art instruction, as well as art materials to individuals affected by the stay-at-home orders and restrictions to community events, such as art classes
- The Music Academy for pop-up performances along the bike path on Sept. 12
July 2020 Recipients
- Rock House Kids for supporting the completion of a mural by local artists
- Rockford Public Library for supporting the “How I Thrived in the 815” story creation and an illustration workshop for local youth
- Evon J. Sams for videography work of a jazz musical production
- West Side Show Room for installation of art panels on windows
June 2020 Recipients
- Children’s Theater Project for supporting its online theater experience for children
- Music Academy of Rockford for music lessons and musical instrument refurbishment for an area youth resident
- Rockford Art Museum for collaborating with the Neighborhood Network Program to develop a distance learning, art-making program for at-risk youth
- Roni Golan’s Gallery for developing a space to host puppet performances
- Sounds of Good News Productions for videography work of a musical production
Applications for the Our Journey Micro-Grant must be completed and emailed to KPaul@GoRockford.com. Applicants should be creative, demonstrate love for Winnebago County, and celebrate all our community has to offer as we recover from the impact of COVID-19.
For complete details and selection criteria and to download the Micro-Grant Program Application, click on the links below.