Rockford Rain Art
Rockford Rain Art is BACK! This fun and interactive public art installation as part of the Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau's Forest City Beautiful initiative is back again this year with additional locations and partners! The art is on display at 22 locations throughout the downtown River District, Midtown District, Swedish American Hospital campus and the Miracle Mile.
Rockford Rain Art aims to bring a bit of joy to what might be a gloomy, rainy day. The art is visible only when the sidewalk is wet! So, if rain isn't in the forecast, grab a bottle of water and create your own rain! A fun way to explore the city with your friends and family! Download a map of this year's locations below.
Share your Rain Art photos with #rockfordrainart #gorockford #rockfordexplorer
“We are excited to have this fun-filled and interactive art project back again for the second year,” said Josh Albrecht, RACVB Director of Marketing & Public Affairs. “We are happy to announce that thanks to the help of Rockford Community Partners, the art has been expanded to 22 locations this year to give more people the opportunity to interact with the temporary art designs.”
The art will be installed on sidewalks and is only visible when it rains (or if someone brings along a bottle of water, water balloon, bucket of water, etc.) The paint is environmentally friendly and will last for 2-4 months.
Download a map of the 2017 Rockford Rain Art locations here!
2017 Rockford Rain Art Locations
- Riverfront Museum Park - 711 North Main Street
- Coronado Performing Arts Center - 314 North Main Street
- Rockford Public Library - 215 North Wyman Street
- Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau - 102 North Main Street
- BMO Harris Bank Center - 300 Elm Street
- Esplanade - West riverbank off West State Street
- State Street Bridge - North sidewalk
- Rockford City Market Entrance - 124 North Water Street
- UW Health Sports Factory - 305 South Madison Street
- Eddie Greene Park - Corner of State and First Streets
- Rockford City Hall - 425 East State Street
- Morning Glory Restaurant - 211 7th Street
- Katie's Cup - 502 7th Street
- Rockford School District Office - 501 7th Street
- SwedishAmerican Hospital (main entrance) - 1401 East State Street
- SwedishAmerican Hospital (Camelot Tower) - 1415 East State Street
- SwedishAmerican Hospital (Ryan Jury Development Learning Center) - 122 Williams Park
- SwedishAmerican Hospital (Charles Street entrance)
- Fairview Shopping Center - 3600 East State Street
- Johnny Pamcakes - 3700 East State Street
- Alpine Inn - 4404 East State Street
- Mary's Market - 4431 East State Street