The RACVB's Role as Your Destination Management Organization (DMO)
As Winnebago County’s only accredited, official destination marketing entity certified by Destinations International—the governing association of destination marketing globally—the Rockford Area CVB offers comprehensive marketing, sales and destination development programs for residents and visitors that deliver millions in annual tourism economic impact to the region. Some of RACVB’s proven strategies for success include:
- Paying bid fees and/or incentives to recruit new and retain regional and national events in the meetings and sports segments.
- Positioning our region as a go-to destination for group and leisure clients through industry association ad buys and media relations campaigns.
- Hosting and producing familiarization (FAM) tours and site visits with event operators, trade publications and national media to ensure decision makers learn about our region first-hand.
- Executing strategic out-of-market marketing, sales and media relations activities, including attending trade shows, conducting media and sales missions, and mixing traditional and disruptive advertising methods to drive marketing reach and brand awareness.
- Servicing tourism events through day-of staffing assistance, special event(s) planning (including opening ceremonies, coaches receptions, banquet dinners, etc.), welcome gifts and signage, and more—all to ensure the customer experience is memorable.
- Developing and enhancing locally-produced and destination-defining events that draw regional overnight stays while strengthening the quality of place.
- Advocacy for hospitality partners to who help generate room demand. (i.e. Hotels, attractions, venues, small business retail & restaurants)
Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
102 North Main Street
Rockford, Illinois 61101-1102
Phone Anywhere: 815-963-8111
USA & Canada: 800-521-0849