Additional Ways to Participate
Rockford Day 2023
There are many ways for everyone to participate in Rockford Day and celebrate your pride in Rockford, whether you're a business, an organization, or neighborhood group:
For any business, faith community, or organization:
- Give back to your community.
- Fundraise* for your favorite local nonprofit.
- Clean up an under-served neighborhood in Rockford.
- Collect donations° for a local cause.
For restaurants and retail:
- Offer an 815 or 779 themed deal or special.
- Give customers a chance to win a Rockford/815 themed prize or basket.
For other businesses and corporations:
- Host an employee fundraiser for your favorite local nonprofit.
- Spend a portion of the work day volunteering time at a local nonprofit.
- Give back to your employees by providing them lunch or breakfast or hosting a barbeque or other internal celebration.
- Share your Rockford story in writing, in photos, or on video using the hashtags #RockfordDay2023 #815Day2023.
- Offer a tour of your business or organization (submit this as an event on GoRockford.com/RockfordDay).
For neighborhood groups, clubs, and other organizations:
- Do a neighborhood cleanup or beautification project.
- Host a neighborhood picnic or other social gathering.
- Post a photo of members of your group/organization in 815 gear using the hashtags #RockfordDay2023 #815Day2023.
- Feature your group members, clients, or associates telling their own stories of living in Rockford on your social media using the hashtags #RockfordDay2023 #815Day2023.
For business associations:
- Host an event in your business district
- A scavenger hunt
- A progressive shopping experience
- A live outdoor concert
- Sidewalk chalk or other art activities
- Offer employees the chance to wear 815 gear instead of work attire for a monetary donation; give donations to a local nonprofit.
- Host an employee event such as a talent show, family movie or game night, or white elephant auction. Ask for a monetary donation to attend.
- Host penny wars
- Designate teams (departments, floors, or other groups).
- Provide each location their own jug for collecting money.
- Teams gain points by adding pennies and bills greater than a dollar to their own jug.
- Participants can reduce the competition’s points by adding silver coins and one dollar bills to other teams’ jugs.
- Provide the team with the highest point total some type of reward on Rockford Day.
- Points earned as follows:
- Pennies +1 point
- $5 dollars +500 points
- $10 dollars +1000 points
- $20 dollars +2000 points
- Nickels -5 points
- Dimes -10 points
- Quarters -25 points
- $1 dollar -100 points
°Collect donations for a local cause or nonprofit:
- Diapers, wipes, formula, or other baby products
- Personal hygiene items
- Feminine hygiene items
- Paper goods (toilet tissue, paper towels, napkins)
- School uniforms
- Socks and undergarments
Questions? Contact us!
Chenaire Barmore, Community Engagement Coordinator for the Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau firstname.lastname@example.org/815.489.1655
Download a PDF of these ways to participate here!