Additional Ways to Participate
Rockford Day 2020: Celebrating Our Resilience
Even with the current limitations, there are still many ways to participate in Rockford Day and celebrate your pride in our City and its resilience, whether you're a restaurant or retail shop or another entity:
- Offer an 815 or 779 themed deal or special.
- Give customers a chance to win a Rockford themed prize or basket.
- Share your Rockford story in writing, in photos, or on video using the hashtag #RockfordDay2020. Make sure to emphasize your resilience and also include the hashtag #CelebratingOurResilience.
- Offer a virtual tour of your business or organization (submit this as an event on our Events page).
- Post a photo of your staff or the members of your organization in 815 gear in front of your sign using the hashtag #RockfordDay2020.
- Feature your staff, clients, and associates telling their own stories of resilience on your social media using the hashtags #RockfordDay2020 and #CelebratingOurResilience OR host an outdoor event for people to come listen in person (while following all health and safety guidelines).
- Offer an online experience, such as Miracle Mile's Curbfest.
- Host an event in your neighborhood:
- A scavenger hunt, such as window decorations or painted rocks
- A live outdoor concert with social distancing
- Chalking the sidewalks
- Sidewalk dance party with social distancing