August 26-27, 2017 in Rockford
Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau is once again excited to host the return of Tough Mudder, presented by Merrell, on August 26-27, 2017, at the Chicago-Rockford International Airport. The premier active lifestyle brand known for its extreme obstacle course challenges will also add a fourth event, Toughest Mudder, coming to Rockford in 2017 for a full Tough Mudder Weekend of events.
Tough Mudder has announced that Rockford was one of only six locations in North America and the UK selected to host the new Toughest Mudder event series. The 8-hour, overnight event pushes contestants to the limit and acts as a qualifier for the Contender Category at the 2017 World's Toughest Mudder event.
Registration is now open for all Tough Mudder events being held in Rockford in 2017 online at www.toughmudder.com. Event options include:
- Tough Mudder Chicago, presented by Merrell - Known as "probably the toughest event on the planet," the full 10-12 mile obstacle course challenge hasno winners and no clock; just stamina, teamwork and determination. The event will feature 20-25 of Tough Mudder's best-in-class obstacles, as well as the debut of a handful of new-for-2017 obstacles.
- Tough Mudder Half Chicago, presented by Merrell - A 5 mile challenge featuring more than a dozen obstacles minus the extreme elements of fire, ice and electricity. Designed to require less training and focus more on teamwork, Tough Mudder Half is the ideal entry point for first-timers or those looking for a shorter-distance format.
- Mini Mudder - A 1-mile obstacle course designed for kids ages 7-12, Mini Mudder is designed to teach kids about getting muddy, having fun and experiencing the thrill of adventure, making the event an ideal weekend for the whole family.
- Toughest Mudder - 8-hour, competitive event from 12 a.m. - 8 a.m. with cash prizes and Tough Mudder rankings. Participants must complete at least 25 miles at Toughest Mudder events to be eligible for prizing at the 2017 World's Toughest Mudder.
- Spectator Pass - Come and cheer on your friends and family and experience the Mudder Village, including food and beverage vendors, sponsor activities and giveaways, and more.
- Volunteer - Want to run at a discounted price? You and your team can join the MVP (Mudder Volunteer Program), meet and help fellow Mudders, and score event tickets at a great price.
To see photos from TM 2016 in Rockford, view our Facebook page.