Click here for the RACVB Employment/Volunteer application form.
RACVB Job Openings
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Consistently recognized as a leader in our industry and in our community, The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) drives quality of life and economic growth for our citizens through tourism marketing and destination development. The Director of Marketing and Public Affairs effectively oversees the development and implementation of all RACVB marketing and public affairs programs and serves as a member of the Bureau’s senior management team.
A primary reason for our success is that we have high expectations for everyone and everything that we do. We seek an individual whose professional reputation mirrors these standards and who takes pride in everything he/she does. We offer a position in which you can find limitless reward as you work with a dedicated leadership team committed to achieving pre-eminent destination stature for the Rockford Region.
- Identifies, develops and evaluates overall marketing strategy based on knowledge of established objectives, market characteristics, and cost and margin factors.
- Develops, implements and evaluates all internal and external marketing, communication and public affairs programs.
- Develops and evaluates effective pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the Bureau’s non-tax revenue.
- Brand Stewardship
- Stakeholder and Community Relations
- Project Management: Product Development
- Planning and Leadership
- Performance and Accountability Reporting, Research
- Team Management
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Management or Communications plus 5 to 7 years related destination and tourism experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior management and destination marketing experience is preferred. Should demonstrate experience in innovative use of various promotional tactics, marketing media including print and digital as well as effectively managing the process of creating and producing a variety of marketing promotions, materials and programs.
- Experience in research, strategy, creativity, collaboration and project management skills to produce meaningful results.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
C. Michael King, SPHR
workplace search group
Contact Lindsay Arellano for current volunteer opportunities. firstname.lastname@example.org