Click here for the RACVB Employment/Volunteer application form.
RACVB Job Openings
Group & Event Services Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Sales & Servicing
Team: Sales and Service
Agency Result - The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau exists to drive quality of life and economic growth for our citizens through tourism marketing and destination development.
Position Result - RACVB has a goal to increase and maintain a 60% visitor return rate.
- Responsible for providing services to group business that is booked through the sales team
- Oversees day-to-day functions of the services team, including management of interns
- Revises and establishes systems to promote, sell and service RACVB clients
- Handles key priority accounts as assigned
- Assists or leads with familiarization tours for potential clients and local residents to sell and promote the Rockford region
- Represent the RACVB at community meetings to promote the Rockford region
- Networks with hotels, venues, restaurants, stores/shops and others to create sales and service opportunities
- Maintain records and reports to meet organizational objectives
- Prepares and administers budget
- Recruit and retain partnerships and co-ops
- Manages return base of customers insuring consistent contact with meeting event planners and tournament director that have met and may return, or have potential to return
- Monitors customer satisfaction by regularly surveying customers
- Order and maintain premiums
- Organizes and track stock of back room premiums and servicing items
- Provides support to projects as needed, including planning/hosting/coordinating RACVB events such as Stroll on State, The RACVB Annual Meeting and other bureau hosted events
- New, returning and potential Customers
- Destination Partners
- Tourism Industry Partners
- Hotel & Venue staff
- Key Community Members
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Project management skills
- Event planning and sales experience a plus
- Established relationships in the community a plus
- Possess strong communications and interpersonal skills allowing for success in a team environment
- Develop and implement systems and procedures
- Develop, monitor, analyze and interpret budgetary information
- Takes initiative while managing multiple priorities
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from clients and the public
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Flexible working hours, evening and weekend events and meetings are required
Bachelor's degree preferred and two to three years related experience, or combination of equivalent education and experience. Meeting/event planning experience a plus.
- Office Work - Light Exertion up to 20lbs. force occasionally and/or up to 10lbs. frequently.
- During Events - Medium Exertion up to 50lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs. frequently.
- Perform repetitive tasks/motions.
- Ability to see.
- Hear alarms/telephones/normal speaking voice.
- Have good manual dexterity.
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES - Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
RACVB is involved with several sports tournaments and events that need volunteers! A wide variety of volunteer opportunities come up each year, so be sure to check back frequently to see what you can get involved with!
2019 USQRA National Championship
March 28th - 31st, 2019
UW Health Sports Factory
The United States Quad Rugby Association National Championship is the largest co-ed wheelchair rugby tournament in the United States, and consists of 36 games taking place over three days. Oscar Mike Foundation will not only host the tournament, but will also compete, and is the first team is USQRA history that is 100% comprised of military veterans.
Oscar Mike Foundation is looking for volunteers for a variety of tasks throughout the course of the tournament.
CLICK HERE to sign up to volunteer.
2019 Tough Mudder
August 24 - 25, 2019
Chicago Rockford International Airport
A Tough Mudder event weekend consists of Tough Mudder Classic, a 8-10 mile obstacle course designed to test participants' strength, stamina, teamwork, and mental grit; Tough Mudder 5k, a fresh take on the classic fun run; and Tougher Mudder, a signature Tough Mudder course with a competitive addition. Volunteers are truly the backbone of Tough Mudder events. All volunteers will receive: complimentary ticket to run or spectate, 20% off merchandise, FREE volunteer gear, FREE parking on event weekend, and more.
There is something for everyone who wants to volunteer, from setting up the event site, being the first to greet thousands of Mudders, cheering them on as they are challenged through a series of obstacles, putting those hard-earned headbands on or joining the industry leading medical team.
CLICK HERE to sign up to volunteer.