Click here for the RACVB Employment/Volunteer application form.
POSITION TITLE: Office Coordinator/Receptionist
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance & Administration
Agency Result - The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau exists for the Rockford Area to derive maximum benefit from its Hospitality Industry.
Team Result – To deliver excellent customer service, externally and internally, and to be an internal customer service resource.
Position Statement – Provides customer service and administrative support to staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following:
As Information Technology Coordinator:
- Provide server administration (new users, login, passwords, etc.)
- Resolve day to day PC and printer issues with guidance and assistance from IT service provider as necessary
- Maintain relationship with and schedule services with IT service provider
- Maintain phone system through day-to-day system management (problems, new users, phone list updates, speed dials, holiday recordings)
- Maintain copiers and schedule repairs as necessary
- Provide office training on phone system, copiers, computer software and peripherals, and other equipment
- Perform basic reception desk duties as outlined in the front desk receptionist manual
- Process and distribute in-coming and out-going mail and packages (UPS, FedEx etc.)
- Track visitor inquiries by entering inquiries into Excel and Simpleview
- Mail out visitors’ requests for information
- Ensure receptionist area and all common areas are clean, including meeting rooms and kitchen, at beginning and end of day
- Maintain calendars for meeting rooms in Outlook
- Prepare for internal and external meetings by stocking meeting rooms with beverages, setting up electronic equipment, and other prep as necessary.
- Clean up meeting rooms after meetings are over, such as putting away food and beverages, electronic equipment
- Maintain brochure racks, kiosks and posting board in the reception area by filling and straightening racks, removing dated materials and ordering brochures as necessary
- Maintain a current knowledge base of regional activities by reading current travel magazines and incoming information
- Stock and sell souvenir items to customers and monitor souvenir inventory
- Receive requests for donations of gifts baskets and bags, send response to requestors, fill donation requests for gift baskets and bags
- Order supplies for gift baskets
- Maintain list and shop for office and kitchen supplies to restock inventory.
- Provide support to office staff when needed
- Other duties as assigned
As Office/Building Coordinator:
- Communicate operational policies and procedures as necessary
- Assist with scheduling day-to-day maintenance of the building and grounds
- Maintain inventories of office and kitchen supplies to ensure smooth office operations
- Coordinate the ordering, purchasing and delivery of supplies to the office
- Assist with the purchase of office equipment, services and maintenance agreements
As Administrative Assistant:
- Schedule staff orientation and maintain supply of orientation manuals
- Update employee manuals as necessary
- Maintain standardization of templates for memos, letters/stationery, etc.
- Provide administrative support to Executive team
- Create nametags for new staff, volunteers, interns, volunteers & outside contractors
- Maintain emergency contact data sheets
- Destination Partners
- Community Leaders
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Willingness to embrace and adhere to RACVB standards and corporate culture.
- Willingness to work well in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Work hours as agreed and giving advance notice of any necessary schedule changes.
- Dress appropriately for a professional office environment.
- Attend meetings as necessary.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills allowing for success in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the public.
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals within and outside of the RACVB.
- Ability to deal with and solve practical problems.
- Capable of simultaneously managing multiple priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Proficient with computer software knowledge a must – Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Simpleview, Square Point of Purchase, etc.
High School diploma or GED required. Previous Receptionist/Customer Service experience with knowledge of the Rockford Region attributes, venues, hotels and attractions.
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: