Stroll on State
Saturday, November 30, 2019
STROLL ON STATE WILL END AT 7PM ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 30 AFTER THE TREE LIGHTING
Due to weather, the Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) has announced scheduling changes for the 7thannual Stroll on State, presented by Illinois Bank & Trust.
The following will remain unchanged: the Stroll Parade (2-3:15 p.m.), Official Tree Lighting Stage Production (5:45-6:15 p.m.) and Sky Lights Fireworks Show (6:15-6:30 p.m.) will remain as planned. However, the festival will end at 7 p.m. this evening.
In addition to shortening the festival, other confirmed changes include:
- the cancellation of the fire pits;
- S’mores moving to covered areas including outside of RACVB (102 N. Main St.), Chase Bank (401 E. State St.) and underneath the Jefferson St. bridge;
- moving MovieLand to the Riverview Ice House; and
- moving the Jingle Bell Stage to the overhang outside of RACVB, the Silver Bell Stage to west side of the RAMP Building (202 Market St.), and the Sleigh Bell Stage to inside of City Hall.
As a reminder, here are some indoor attractions to enjoy while getting out of the weather:
- LETTERS TO SANTA: Head over to Rockford City Hall with the kids to get those Christmas wish lists in the mail to Santa. And remember to include your return address, as Santa has been known to write back.
- SHOP LOCAL: The Stroll on State footprint has ample options for patrons to knock out some holiday shopping. Stop into our downtown retailers to shop and support Small Business Saturday!
- NORDLOF CENTER PERFORMANCES: Take in a show at one of Rockford’s most intimate venues, where The Studio presents “Newsies”. Showtimes are on the hour at 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 p.m.
- RIVERVIEW ICE HOUSE: Stroll attendees can ice skate indoors for FREE at Riverview Ice House! And as an added bonus, MovieLand has been moved there.
- VETERANS MEMORIAL HALL PERFORMANCES: Starlight Theatre’s “A Christmas Story” will hit the stage at 4:30 and 7:30 p.m., while Once Upon a Dream Performances: Character Meet & Greet will be live from 3-9 p.m.
- SANTALAND AT STEWART SQUARE: Head a couple blocks south from Veterans Hall to enjoy Indoor SantaLand. While you’re there, be sure to capture a Special Moments Photo Keepsake.
- EAT LOCAL: Take a break from all of that strolling and shopping in one of downtown Rockford’s awesome local eateries. From north to south and west to east, the Stroll footprint features flavors for every palate!
About Stroll on State
Stroll on State is always held on the Saturday after Thanksgiving and is Rockford, Illinois' kick-off to the holiday season. The free community event in downtown Rockford features a tree lighting, parade, fireworks, horse & wagon rides, visits with Santa and so many more events and attractions! The event is about experiencing the awe and wonder of what a community can do together. Stroll on State occurs from 2 - 9 p.m.
Follow Stroll on State all year long on Facebook here.
Volunteer at Stroll on State
We are looking for people to help decorate for Stroll on State, volunteer during the event and help put Stroll on State "back in the box" after the event! If you are interested in volunteering, click here to sign up! If you want to volunteer as a group (family, friends, business, etc.), sign up as a group! Click here to learn more about group volunteering.