Rockford, IL – The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) Board of Directors and RACVB Charitable Foundation Board of Directors announce the recent election of new officers and board members, and the re-election of continuing board members.
RACVB Board Updates
The RACVB board elected the following individuals to serve a one-year term as officers of the board:
- Chair: Jennifer Furst, president, FurstStaffing
- Vice Chair: John Penney, business representative, organizer, Painters District Council No. 30, Local 607
- Treasurer: Carol Schuster, assistant dean of operations, University of Illinois College of Medicine Rockford
- Secretary: Tiana McCall, senior regional economic development manager, Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
“It is a great honor and opportunity to be chair of the RACVB board for a new term. There have been great strides made to advance the Rockford region in creative and diversified ways throughout the years and I am really looking forward to being a part of the efforts to do the same in the years ahead,” said Jennifer Furst, RACVB board chair. “The board is a committed group of area ambassadors and advocates using the RACVB’s strategic plan as the guide to benefit tourism and revitalization efforts for this community. We have a seat at the table to really make positive changes happen for those who live, work and play here, and that truly inspires me.”
The following individuals are newly elected to the RACVB board and will serve three-year terms.
- Mick Gronewold, principal, Fehr Graham & Associates
- Shelton Kay, vice president community services, Crusader Community Health
- Dana Martin, talent acquisition manager, Rosecrance Health Network
- Ricardo Montoya-Picazo, chief of staff, Office of State Representative Dave Vella
- Patrick Thompson, Winnebago County administrator, Winnebago County
The following individual was re-elected to the RACVB board and wills serve a three-year term:
- Nathan Bruck, economic development and planning manager, City of Loves Park
RACVB Charitable Foundation Board Updates
The following individuals will serve as officers for a one-year term:
- Chair: David Anderson, partner, Spring Creek Partners
- Vice Chair: Jennifer Furst, president, FurstStaffing
- Treasurer: Darrell Snorek, vice president of sales, Lamonica Beverages, Inc.
- Secretary: Marco Lenis, president/CEO, Vocational Rehabilitation Management
The following individuals will serve a one-year term:
- Patrick Tulley, chief operating officer, Liebovich Bros. Inc.
- Gina Caruana, senior VP consumer banking, Illinois Bank & Trust
The following individuals were elected to serve a two-year term:
- Mustafa Abdall, director, Winnebago Emerging Small Business Services
- Rebecca Francis, diversity inclusion specialist, IEA/William Charles Construction
- Marco Lenis (returning), president/CEO, Vocational Rehabilitation Management
- Darrell Snorek (returning), vice president of sales, Lamonica Beverages, Inc.
A complete list of the RACVB Board of Directors can be found on the GoRockford.com website at https://www.gorockford.com/about-us/board-of-directors/. The RACVB Board of Directors meets on the fourth Wednesday of most months at the RACVB offices located at 102 North Main Street.
About RACVB: RACVB is responsible for promoting the Rockford region as an attractive travel destination and enhancing its public image as a dynamic place to live and work. Through the impact of travel, RACVB strengthens the economic position of the region and provides opportunities for people in our communities. www.gorockford.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Dan Obert, RACVB Marketing & Communications Manager: 815.489.1664 or firstname.lastname@example.org