(Prices subject to change)
$8 adults, $7 Seniors (65+), $5 children age 6-17, Free for children age 5 and younger and museum members. Donation Days vary. Please check the website for upcoming dates.
(Hours subject to change)
Tours are open year round. General admission tours Tuesday through Sunday at 1pm and 3pm.The Museum is closed for tours on Mondays. All tours are guided. No reservations required.
Please call for groups of 10 or more and bus tour rates. Group tours must schedule a minimum of three days in advance.
All tours begin in the Barn, which is a re-construction of the Tinker family barn.
No flash photography is permitted inside the Cottage. Sitting, leaning, touching or handling of the objects is strictly prohibited.
Accessibility: Due to the nature of the Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum, accessibility is limited. There are no ramps leading into the museum nor elevators inside the museum. The Barn, where all tours begin, is wheel chair accessible. Visitors using wheelchairs or strollers may be dropped off at the Barn, with free handicapped parking nearby.
- Parking - Free:
Discounts & Packages
- AAA Discount:
- Discount for Seniors or AARP:
- Food NOT Available:
- Motorcoach Parking:
- Tour Group Check-In:
- Tour Group Greeter:
- Tour Guide Available (Free):
- Accepts Major Credit Cards:
- Accepts Personal Checks:
Rates & Reservations
- Admission Charge:
- Reservation Available (Please Call):
- Reservations Required for Groups:
- A/V Equipment & Staff Resources Provided:
- ADA Approved:
- Brief History/Description: Tinker Museum and Gardens is a treasure trove of a time gone by. Built in 1865, this historic house museum sits on the founding pioneer site of Rockford, and it offers an ideal setting for meetings and special occasions. Several areas of the museum are available for rental.
- Food & Beverage - Outside Catering Allowed:
- Parking - Free:
- Parking - Motorcoach/Trailer:
- Tables and Chairs Available: