WHO: Ethan Taylor
FIND THEM AT: @ethan_gets_fit
1. Q: Tell about your background story & your success
A: I started my weight loss journey in January of 2018 after dropping out of college and moving back home because of a back injury and mental health issues. Over the next 18 months I cut myself in half going from 368 -> 184.
2. Q: What’s the biggest factor that has helped you be successful?
A: My family, support from the community, and accountability. I have the best family in the world. They have been nothing but supportive and helpful during my whole life and throughout this journey. I was also lucky enough to be apart of the Food 4 Fuel community who really lifted me up and held me accountable.
3. Q: What are your success habits?
A: Being consistent and persistent. I’ve “failed” or fallen off track many times in the last couple of years but I’ve always managed to get back on track.
4. Q: What mistakes have you made along the way?
A: I’ve had a couple of weeks where I thought I could outwork a bad diet or cheated more than I should’ve. I also tend to overwork myself which isn’t good for my body or mind.
5. Q: What was the hardest decision you ever had to make?
A: To say enough is enough and finally take back control of my life. I let my mental health and physical limitations hold me back for 19 years. I finally made a decision to put myself first and focused on what’s important - my mental and physical health.
6. Q: If you could start all over again, what would you do differently?
A: I wouldn’t be so hard on myself when it came to bad weeks. I would tell myself to take it slow and not worry as much about the scale but more about how I feel physically.
7. Q: What’s one change anyone should make right now to help them get closer to their success?
A: Don’t wait around for the right time. If you want something, go get it. Limitations are all mental facades we create to tell ourselves we can’t do something.
8. Q: What aspect of Rockford helped you to succeed?
A: I really embrace Rockford for what it is. It’s a gritty, tough, resilient city. We watch out for each other here and I love everything about it. I always try and do what I can to make sure that I’m always making my city proud. Shoutout the GR815
9. Q: What is your favorite thing about Rockford?
A: It’s hard to just choose one, so I’ll list a couple. I love the comeback Rockford is making, I love how much the city has to offer, I love the diversity, I really love the pride people have in this city. Oh and also Beefaroo.
10. Q: What is the best advice you can give?
A: Just keep going and doing something to better yourself everyday. People rarely succeed at what they set out to accomplish on the first try so don’t quit at the first bump in the road. Everyday is a new opportunity to succeed and be great.